Mrs. Chikkamma Basavaraj
Jawahar Bal Bhavan society
Bal Bhavan was established in the year 1967 to promote children activities in the fields of Art, Performance, Creative Writing and Innovation in Science. Later during the year 1985 the Institution was registered as a Society under the Registration for Societies Act 1960. The Society is functioning Under the Ministry of Women and Child Development. The Bal Bhavan Society has extended its activities to all the Districts and Taluks.
Bal Bhavan Society functioning as an autonomous body is extending its services to all the District & Taluks. As such Funds rooted through Bal Bhavan Society to districts are not utilized for the said purpose & programmes in the stipulated time. Lack of skilled staff in Districts also is a setback. Hence there is a necessity to reformulate the system of the functioning of District & Taluk Bal Bhavans
The Society comprises a non – official committee constituted by the Government under the bye law Rule -11. Thus the committee is headed by Chairperson, Vice President and 5 members with Secretary as Member Secretary under group A cadre and Administrative Officer deputed by Women and Child Development Department, Government of Karnataka. In addition two posts are deputed by the Department and including Society 40 employees ( including two Officers) discharging their duties in various fields. 07 Staff have been appointed through Out-Source to the Society.
Since Bal Bhavan Society is an autonomous body, & mainly service oriented, there is no question of profit & loss. It is a non-profit service oriented organisation.
Children’s Summer Camp
- Bal Bhavan Summer camp provides a good platform and an outlet for bringing out the talents in children and prepares them in both creativity and performing Arts. “Summer Camp” every year givesan exposure in Creative and Performing activities like Painting, Craft, Clay modelling ,Group Dance, Group Music, Guitar, Tabla, Yakshagana etc., and the same is conducted during the month of April -May 2018 from dt.16.4.2018 to 13.5.2018. Activities for children for the age group of 05-16 years is conducted. Summer Camps are organised at Central Bal Bhavan Rajajingar. Around 350 children have participated in the said camp
Local Level Kalashree Selection and Camp
- Local level Kalashree selection 2018 was conducted by Bal Bhavan Society, Bangalore. Activities such as creative writing, creative Arts and Innovative science was held in the month of Jauary 2019. Around 80 children’s participated in the selection camp. children’s selected from each district from all over Karnataka were invited for the State Residential camp at Bal Bhavan Bangalore from 06th to 8nd January 2019 and selected children were honoured by State Kalashree Award.
- On the occasion of children’s day, “Makkala Habba”, festival was organised by Department of Women and Child Department, Karnataka on 10-11-2018 and 11-11-2018. On this occassion various cultural programmes like different types of Dance, traditional dance forms, Instrumental Music, Classical Vocal, Yakshagana, exhibition, food court etc., was arranged for children’s.
- To identify and encourage the hidden talent and to provide a stage for young budding child artists, Bal Bhavan provides an opportunity to children and cultural institutions to perform and exhibit their talents under the “ Balavedike ” programme from December-2018 to February -2019. Participants were given token amount with honour and encouraged for their talent performance along with participation certificates. 250 children availed the facilities
- For the year 2018-19 Central Bal Bhavan is conducting Annual Course for the children in the age group of 05-16 years, in Creative and Performing Activities, Free coaching classes are arranged in the field of dancing, singing, painting, Craft, Theatre workshops, and yoga excluding the school days, weekend classes are held on every Saturday and Sunday from 4th August-2018 to 26th January-2019
- Bal Bhavan Bangalore has conducted drama festival under the banner of “Abhiranga” on 17-02-2019. The same programme was organised at all the district Bal Bhavans of Karnataka. Children’s performed 03 street play and 02 stage play. More than 200 children participated in the programme
- Bal Bhavan is offering membership to the children in the age group of 5-16, where the children identify with Bal Bhavan activities and avail the benefits extended under the scheme. Total 673 member children are enrolled as on 31-03-2019
- To encourage children to participate in the activities of Bal Bhavan. Children from various schools and organisations are provided bus facilities to visit Bal Bhavan and other nearby Amusement/Educational Centres such as Aquarium & Museum at a nominal rate. 7194 children and 375 escorts availed the facilities from 84 schools
- Bal Bhavan within its lush green ambience has an exclusively designed area for children to celebrate their Birthdays. The charges for the area are nominal keeping in view the lower & middle income group who can also give the child experience of celebration in a the open environment. Celebrated 33 children’s birthday and more than 2500 members availed the facilities
Cottage Activity Area
- A portion of the Bal Bhavan is exclusively designed with 5 Cottage type of huts for organising Summer / Annual course, workshops and group activities for children. 15 Institutions and 7500 members availed the facilities
Childrens Science Park
- Bal Bhavan has set up a science park with equipments pertaining to science where children can learn through play
- To provide recreation for children various amusements such as Toy Train ride, small train ride along with other Amusements such as swings, see - saw & slides are setup in the premises.